In most cases, high-definition games are coming along with Apk and OBB files. But the installing method via Apk method is much easier than the installation method via OBB files. Especially note that there are some games that are not functioning well if you don’t place the OBB file in the right folder. Because of that, you have to have a piece of good knowledge about the installation of games by using the OBB files. If you aren’t aware of the OBB files, the following details might be helpful for you.
What is an OBB file?
Ordinary Binary Bob is shortened as the OBB file. That is a set of functions and assets of a particular game. Even though all functions and assets are required for the proper functioning of the game. The major function of the OBB file is to provide users with a better gaming experience. The game might not work properly in the absence of this file.
Now you know what an OBB file is. Also, there are some other requirements to download OBB files.
- You require a perfectly working android device with at least a 4.0 version or upwards.
- Zarchiver app.
- Strong network connection.
- Free space on your mobile device.
- At least 1 GB RAM on your device.
Now you can install an OBB file and extract it easily with the presence of the Zarchiver app installed previously. Here you want an app called Zarchiver for completing the task. Zarchiever is a file extraction app developed by Zdevs. Apart from that, it is providing multiple functions like organizing the device files as well. It is a free app that users can enjoy without advertisements. Get the app for completing the task.
How to extract the OBB file?
- Get the Zarchiver app if you didn’t get it earlier.
- Then download the OBB file on your device.
- Launch the Zarchiver app.
- Then locate the folder of the OBB file by the Zarchiver app. Make sure you have saved that file in an easy folder for searching.
- After you have found the file, long press on that until some options appear at the bottom.
- You can observe that an exact option appears.
- Tap on the extract option.
- Then choose the exact path.
- After that click OK.
- Then after some time, the file would be extracted.
- Now you have extracted the OBB file.
Where should I place the OBB file?
- Keep track of the location where you have saved the extracted OBB file.
- Then long press on the found OBB file.
- You will see an option named “Move”.
- Then select the path where you want to move the OBB file.
- Select the path as “phone storage/ android/OBB”.
- Then click the move tab.
- By tapping on OK you have moved the extracted OBB file to the OBB folder.
- The right folder for OBB files is the OBB folder.
- Now you have placed the OBB file in the right folder.
- Then install the Apk file to run the game on your device.
If the OBB file didn’t work well with the location of internal storage, move your game OBB file to the SD card. Choose the path as, “sdcard/android/OBB”. This will surely work with your device.
Actually, the OBB file is necessarily required. The OBB file is essential for the smooth functioning of the game. These files are larger in size. I think the above details would be certainly useful for you when you are working with these kinds of games. Make sure you have saved the OBB file in the correct path and extract it correctly. So it will allow the best and smooth gaming experience.